Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Viewing My Maps in Google Maps Mobile

Apparently, I'm late to notice this, it isn't something I use everyday, but the Google Maps mobile app, astonishingly and inexplicably, removed access to "My Maps".

So first I find this:

Well, that's just plain wrong.

Then I find this:

That's better, except that the maps list it calls up seems to all public maps viewed today.  Or something.  At any rate, it's certainly not My Maps.   I have no idea what maps those are.  So I can't view may map on a mobile device.  At all.

Nice! 

What's the point of having My Maps?   Does anyone at Google actually use this stuff?  Don't they encounter these things?  Google doesn't want us to create maps anymore, is that is?

But wait, it gets better!

There is now in Google Play store a new app called Google Maps Engine.  This map will load up and display your My Maps.  Why have one maps app if you can have two?  Three if you count Locations in Google+!  Even better still!  Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment